What type of interpreting services are offered through Linguabee?
Here at Linguabee, we strive to provide a first-rate interpreting experience for our consumers by ensuring that no one is left without an interpreter. In order to be able to accommodate our consumers in the best way possible, we provide two different types of interpreting services:
- Onsite interpreting - OSI: the service will be provided at a physical location instructed by the requestor.
- Scheduled Virtual Interpreting - VI: A video communication service that is used when both the client and the Deaf / Hard of Hearing / DeafBlind consumer are virtually meeting through a video meeting platform. The service will be provided virtually via an URL link. The link and credentials can be found on the assignment page at any time. Video platforms may vary from one customer to another such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Canvas, and Whereby.
- This service can accommodate any video meeting size
- Preferred interpreters with specialized skillsets
- Ideal for classroom settings, group sessions, job interviews / training, recurring requests, webinars and live streaming events.
- Scheduled Video Remote Interpreting - VRI: the parties are usually in the same physical location, often used for short or last minute sessions utilizing an off-site interpreter teleconferencing into the consumer's video environment. This service will be provided virtually via an URL link. The link and credentials can be found on the assignment page at any time. Video platforms may vary from one customer to another such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Canvas, and Whereby.
- Small number of participants
- Interpreters at the ready within seconds
- Ideal for drop-ins, medical appointments, and employer/business team meetings.